[haiku-bluetooth] Re: Current Status

  • From: Oliver Ruiz Dorantes <oliver.ruiz.dorantes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-bluetooth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 19:55:33 +0200

Hi Andreas

Not recognized:
> - Acer BT-100(?)
> - BlueFritz! v2.0

These are dongles that are not being shown in /dev/bluetooth/* ?The syslog
and a usb_dev_info would help to discover why the driver is not recognizing
them.

Not working: (after manually starting Bluetooth services)
> - Hama 00049225: found but bt_dev_info and preflet hang when trying to
> access it
> - (?) BT-3000C: dito
> - MSI Star Key Ver.222-BW: dito
> - Sitecom CN-521 v2 001: dito, and "Event f could not be understood or
> delivered", "Incomming (null) event" (sp), "Event 0 could not be understood
> or delivered" on start
> - Conceptronic CBT200U2: same, including messages
> - Microsoft X08-91974: same, including messages

All these are also dongles? wow, How many of them are Broadcom?

Well for debugging those this we would need the server window output and the
output of the terminal as well...

Could be that an old version of the driver loaded in first instance the
device?
Otherwise on the Broadcom ones we could issue the reset command:

Look in the bluetooth kit file LocalDevice.cpp lines 402 403

        // Uncomment this out if your Broadcom dongle is not working properly
        // Reset();     // Perform a reset to Broadcom buggyland

This fixes Jorg's dongle

Regards

--
Oliver,