[haiku-bluetooth] Re: Current Status

  • From: Oliver Ruiz Dorantes <oliver.ruiz.dorantes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-bluetooth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 22:03:18 +0200

Hmm we will face that with some... or I guess with all devices when they try
to pair with us.

Once a low layer (HCI) pairing is succesfull(a real connection handle has
been created between 2 devices), they try to discover our services.

This is making a L2CAP connection to the SDP server, but we still dont have
such server therefore Haiku rejects the connection.

Then most likely your devices assumes the pairing has failed... but this is
somehow in a "high level" sense. An encryption key was exchanged through the
pins and a connection handle(a unique link between 2 devices in the BT
world) was created, but as the services provided could not be read, then
everything is aborted.

At least that was the scenario with my mobile, some devices might just want
to create the HCI connection handle and wont complain anymore.

Just pointing that a clean and happy pairing might not be 100% possible for
us yet :(

Another thing I also can reproduce is not getting properly the remote
names... I am not filling the request properly, or it is a conflict between
BT versions...

But thanks a lot everyone for testing the last stuff!

Hm. This worked out today just fine. Discovery and name resolution ok.

--
Oliver,
http://urnenfeld.blogspot.com