[haiku-bluetooth] Re: Current Status

  • From: Michael Weirauch <dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-bluetooth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 10:30:04 +0200

2009/7/3 Oliver Ruiz Dorantes <oliver.ruiz.dorantes@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Every time, I needed to manually "Start Bluetooth services" from the
>> preflet. Is that normal? Shouldn't adding the Bluetooth Optional Package
>> make the required daemons (or whatever) run by default?
>
> Yes as the current implementation the test procedure should be:
> - Plug the dongles,
> - Boot Haiku,
> - Start the bluetooth_server (which can be done through the preflet but then
> you need to rescan again an option in the same menu)
> Unplugging and plugging again while server running, will not make dongle
> work, as node monitoring is not working on the server side
> Alternatives would be:
> - Preflet automatically start(try to) the server on start
> - Preflet informing server not running and allowing to do so.
I guess the preflet alone can't provide any functionality without the
server running.
So I'd actually go for silently starting the server, no?

> Although I also have the idea that if the server does not find any local
> device to perfom bluetooth activity in the system the server could just
> shutdown itself to avoid any memory waste.
Isn't there a facility in the kernel (device manager?) which is able
to notify defined/registered
componets about a device being published/unplushed in devfs. Then the
bt-server could
be started/stopped. And spinning the wheel further, wouldn't this
obsolete the monitoring
of devfs paths in the bt_server itself? Thought there was such a thing...

Michael