[haiku-bluetooth] Re: Current Status

  • From: Oliver Ruiz Dorantes <oliver.ruiz.dorantes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-bluetooth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 09:12:04 +0200

> Every time, I needed to manually "Start Bluetooth services" from the
> preflet. Is that normal? Shouldn't adding the Bluetooth Optional Package
> make the required daemons (or whatever) run by default?

Yes as the current implementation the test procedure should be:

- Plug the dongles,
- Boot Haiku,
- Start the bluetooth_server (which can be done through the preflet but then
you need to rescan again an option in the same menu)

Unplugging and plugging again while server running, will not make dongle
work, as node monitoring is not working on the server side

Alternatives would be:
- Preflet automatically start(try to) the server on start
- Preflet informing server not running and allowing to do so.

Although I also have the idea that if the server does not find any local
device to perfom bluetooth activity in the system the server could just
shutdown itself to avoid any memory waste.

Any preference out there?

--
Oliver,
http://urnenfeld.blogspot.com