[haiku-bluetooth] Re: Bluetooth USB dongle issues

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-bluetooth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 23:38:32 +0200

Hi,

Am 23.05.2008 um 17:06 schrieb Oliver Ruiz Dorantes:

I have tested 8 different Bluetooth USB dongles, none of them were listed in bt_dev_info. Should I see them somewhere under /dev/busses/ usb/? In your blog you mention using usb_dev_info but that needs some argument! I did not find a trace of them in the filesystem, and I'm unsure whether this is a OHCI USB problem or a Bluetooth problem...

Hmm yes you have to pass the device path. If the USB stack recognized your USB device, it will be published in /dev/busses/ usb/...

in my case:

$ usb_dev_info /dev/bus/usb/0/0

Thanks, I have that too...

If your dongle is not published there, the problem is:
a) USB problem (AFAIK mmlr is going on with the work of Salvatore in OHCI i did not know it was already usable) b) the class device is not ok, should be 224,1,1 (AFAIR) ,in that case we can fix the driver to recognize ur vendor and product ID

Class seems to be okay for at least two of them, 0xe0.

I notice that usb_dev_info /dev/bus/usb/0/0 mentions 'isochronous' in two places. Isochronous transfers are supposedly not yet implemented in Haiku: http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/1045 Could this be the problem? Has anybody ever got any dongle to work on Haiku?

Full usb_dev_info output for a Sitecom Bluetooth 2.0+EDR is attached.

Andreas
[Device]
Class .................. 0xe0
Subclass ............... 0x01