[haiku-appserver] Re: testing under R5

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 00:51:57 +0200

On 2005-08-30 at 23:45:13 [+0200], DarkWyrm wrote:
> > Hi guys!
> >

> >     I tried to test the app_server on R5, but I'm having trouble doing
> > that.
> >     First of my problems was the fact that under R5, when trying to run
> > ./app_server it liked against R5's libbe.so so I got a missing
> > symbol.
> > (this did not happen 2-3 months ago, when we had libopenbeos.so)
> > I solved this by copying our libbe.so in ./lib/ subdir.
> >     2nd problem (I think) is that our app_server links against our
> > libroot.so so, when trying to run the server I again got a missing
> > symbol (strlcpy) because it dynamically links against R5's
> > libroot.so.
> > (Maybe this isn't the problem. If not, can you tell me what the
> > problem is?)
> >
> >     I'm not an expert in build systems so I'm asking for your help.
> >     How do you test the app_server under R5?
> Ingo made a change to the build system some time ago which made the
> jamfile for the server much less complex.

Yep, Stephan is to blame, too. :-)

Save for a small library the R5 test app server doesn't link against the
platform libbe. Hopefully uncovering more problems already in the test
environment.

> If you want to build and run
> the server for R5, go to src/tools/servers/app and run Jam.

src/tests/servers/app even. :-)

> You'll
> build all the tests (last I knew, Playground didn't build) and the
> server will also be built as haiku_app_server.

I can't remember having done this, but the Playground Jamfile is a good
example how to build for both Haiku and the R5 test environment.

CU, Ingo