[haiku-appserver] Re: partly paiting

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:45:12 +0300

Axel Dörfler wrote:

Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

BTW, when I resize Playground window some views do not redraw correctly,
and I'm quite surprised nobody said anything until now... Am I the only one
who experiences this behavior?

I haven't tested the app_server lately, so you might very well be :)

No, this is not recent. It's here for months. At least on my machine...

I am now working to solve some issues with the new clipping code. I have
quite an annoying bug, and it seams it takes a lot more time than expected.
Also, I will shortly update the way we mark regions invalid,
RootLayer::fRedrawReg will be made private and I will introduce ::MarkDirty() +
::TriggerRedraw() to simplify the code.
I started refactoring the input code, and I will continue to do that
in quite a few places. It's a lot easier now that we have the almost final
architecture in place. :-)

Thanks for the update. I intend to continue working on the app_server in the not so distant future, so it would be nice if you have it in a state I can understand 8-)

Sure. Lately I took a different approach in writing code. It seams you guys (especially Ingo, Stephan) were right: write simple, readable code, leave optimizations at the end. This makes code a lot easier to understand. Also, as I said, it is much easier now that all the aspects of the server have been touched. Hope you like the new input handling code. :-) More code to be cleared soon. :-D

Thanks guys, Adi.