[haiku-appserver] Re: partly paiting

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:20:02 +0200 CEST

Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Also the RootLayer/Desktop/ServerWindow/Input Handling separation.
> > My
> > original proposal was:
> > //www.freelists.org/archives/haiku-appserver/06-2005/msg00085.html
> > > >
> > In the ongoing discussion after that, it was vastly improved,
> > though :-
> > )
>       :-) Yeah. I hope we understood each other, as I remember the talk
> was not that... clear, if I might say so. :-)

Well, I guess we'll find out shortly ;-)

>       Wait a second. I think there is a big communication issue here. Or,
> misunderstanding of bounds/scrolling/local_coordinates.
>
>       I'll explain what I understand.
[...]
>       It's clearer now?

Not really. Do you just mean that:

view->Bounds().PrintToStream();
view->ScrollTo(-5, -5);
view->Bounds().PrintToStream();

will dump two different bounds? (the second is shifted, as is the
origin of the local coordinate system)

> >>    OK then.
> >>    Also, I will try to make the changes I spoke about 2 weeks ago:
> >>     MarkDirty(reg);, MarkDirty(reg); MarkDirty(reg); ...
> >>     TriggerRedraw(rebuild=true); (false - just redraw. no visible
> > > reg
> >>                                                    recalculation)
> > Okay, I'll first have a look at this font crashing bug.
>       Do we have such a bug? :-)

It's even bug #1 in the app_server right now :-)

Bye,
   Axel.