[haiku-appserver] Re: partly paiting

Hi Adi,

Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>       Sorry to write so late... been busy.

No problem, I'm still in read and test mode anyway :-)

>       Oh, not to forget, thanks for testing under Haiku the changes I
> did in the input server! Unfortunately Haiku does not boot under my
> system. At least it didn't a couple weeks ago. It might be because
> I formated its partition with R5's BFS. I'll try again those days. I
> understood BFS and OpenBFS are completely compatible right now.

They were compatible in that regard for a long time - there were only
some minor problems plus the incompatible log area.
Anyway, I didn't even test the changes on real hardware - I used qemu
for this; I can only recommend this one to everybody :-)

> Axel Dörfler wrote:
> > Well, I want to follow the plans as outlined earlier in this list.
> > If
> > there is any further need for discussion, please shout. Also, if I
> > deviate from those plans, I'll tell before as well.
>       Let me remember...
>
>       You are going to take care of multiple monitor issue along with
> mapping VirtualScreens to Workspaces?
>       RootLayer locking through MultiLocker, maybe?
>       What else?

Also the RootLayer/Desktop/ServerWindow/Input Handling separation. My
original proposal was:
http://www.freelists.org/archives/haiku-appserver/06-2005/msg00085.html

In the ongoing discussion after that, it was vastly improved, though :-
)

>       I found a problem in the way we scroll views. ATM, we scroll views
> by modifying a view's origin. I think this is not correct. We should
> change
> the bounds rectangle only, and not touch the view's origin. (Also,
> modifying
> a view origin, will modify a view's bounds rectangle accordingly,
> otherwise,
> there would an "autoscroll" action why I don't think we want.)

I don't think you're right here (at least if I understand you
correctly) - why should the view's bounds are changed when you scroll
the view? That can't really work.
In case you are confused by the BScrollView class: that's only a
helper, you can scroll a single view alone without any other views -
and you certainly don't want to move the view around in that case, just
its contents.

> > Sure, that would be nice.
>       OK then.
>       Also, I will try to make the changes I spoke about 2 weeks ago:
>     MarkDirty(reg);, MarkDirty(reg); MarkDirty(reg); ...
>     TriggerRedraw(rebuild=true); (false - just redraw. no visible reg
>                                                       recalculation)

Okay, I'll first have a look at this font crashing bug.