[haiku-appserver] Re: partly paiting

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 01:21:10 +0200

On 2005-10-26 at 19:19:27 [+0200], Axel Dörfler wrote:
> Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I'll probably start messing with that code in the next week, and
> > > there
> > > will probably be massive changes, too - I hope you don't feel like
> > > I am
> > > stepping on your toes too much.
> >     That's OK. I have no problems. Help is good.
> >     All I would want, is that you talk to us before you make big
> > changes,
> > if possible.
>
> Well, I want to follow the plans as outlined earlier in this list. If
> there is any further need for discussion, please shout. Also, if I
> deviate from those plans, I'll tell before as well.

Since you made the mistake to offer your help in dealing with the havoc
I'll wreak when merging my build system changes into the trunk... ;-)
... the only thing I intend to do before merging is making sure that a few
things compile with TARGET_PLATFORM=r5 (which should be finished tomorrow
afternoon). Among those the app server test environment. If that's OK with
you I'd leave a thourough checking whether or not I have messed up things
as well as the transition of all those scattered "run" scripts as an
exercise to you to get acquainted with the new build system. Maybe it is
even possible to automate the creation of a runnable environment (i.e. apps
with the needed libs) somewhere in "generated/tests/...".

CU, Ingo