[haiku-appserver] Re: new drawing bug

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 23:44:14 +0100 CET

Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>       Anyway, I noticed yesterday there was a problem (see "New Object"
> text
> in latestInSVN.png) but I thought it could wait a bit. Apparently,
> this
> is more serious.

It doesn't have to be related - one looks like a clipping problem, the
other one seems to be related to coordinate conversions; maybe it's
even both.

[...]
>       I think all these problems have something in common, and I will
> investigate these problems in the next days until I find out what the
> hell is going on.
>       Please excuse me for these problems, I'm just trying to make all
> code
> easier to understand and use. Sorry, again.

That effort is surely appreciated, and maybe the drawing bugs are also
related to many people working on the same component; it would be nice
if this could be avoided, but as long as it doesn't take over, I guess
we have to live with it.
Sooner or later the app_server code will be more stable, and then it'll
be very important to test much deeper for regressions in newly imported
code.

BTW after the font stuff, I plan to work on the event handling, working
my way through to RootLayer.

Bye,
   Axel.