[haiku-appserver] Re: new drawing bug

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 10:16:54 +0100 CET

Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > BTW after the font stuff, I plan to work on the event handling,
> > working
> > my way through to RootLayer.
>       You mean the cursor thread and system keyboard shortcuts? You you
> like
> to explain a bit? Thanks.

Basically that, plus removing the event handling from RootLayer.
Also, if I find the time, I want to have a more powerful protocol
between the input_server and the app_server to get things started. The
way it's done now is a bit too simple, I think :)

>       You know what I'll be doing: clipping and redrawing stuff! :)

Okay, I won't disturb you there in the next few days :-)

>       On that subject... Testing Haiku in QEmu left me a bad impression.
> If I
> move a window over another one, that one from the back won't update
> until I finished moving the front window. I don't like that, and that
> all the fault of RootLayer locking.
>       I think we should somehow make a region-based lock or at least make
> drawing queue(in HWInterface) in which we can push drawing
> instructions
> which don't intersect with the region-selected-for-rebuild.
>       What do you think?

Since that doesn't happen on real hardware, I would just guess that
it's because Haiku runs so slow in qemu - at least I don't remember
seeing it.

Bye,
   Axel.