[haiku-appserver] Re: new drawing bug

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 23:27:46 +0200

Hi all,

Axel Dörfler wrote:
Hi there,

one of the recent commits has obviously broken line drawing.
Have a look at the picture:
http://www.pinc-software.de/images/new_app_server_bug.png

That didn't happen yesterday, so it's pretty fresh.

I have some knowledge about this. I think I saw this in Playground's menu when resizing, but I'm not sure, don't remember well.

Anyway, I noticed yesterday there was a problem (see "New Object" text in latestInSVN.png) but I thought it could wait a bit. Apparently, this is more serious.

This afternoon it was clear to me that the clipping code has a problem (see image newMoveResizeCode.png). I simply tried to take code from do_MoveBy/do_ResizeBy()+MovedByHook/ResizedByHook() and move it in Layer/WinBorder::MoveBy/ResizeBy().

As you might have noticed, the code that is currently active in _RebuildVisibleRegion() has a note that says it's not optimal. Last night I tried to replace that code with a version which I thought it was good. And it was, until I moved a window outside screen area and back again. (picture anotherClippingImpl.png)

I think all these problems have something in common, and I will investigate these problems in the next days until I find out what the hell is going on.
Please excuse me for these problems, I'm just trying to make all code easier to understand and use. Sorry, again.

bye, Adi.

PNG image

PNG image

PNG image