[haiku-appserver] Re: [Haiku-commits] r15084 - haiku/trunk/src/servers/app

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 20:44:34 +0200

axeld at BerliOS wrote:

Author: axeld
Date: 2005-11-23 12:27:09 +0100 (Wed, 23 Nov 2005)
New Revision: 15084
ViewCVS: http://svn.berlios.de/viewcvs/haiku?rev=15084&view=rev

Modified:
   haiku/trunk/src/servers/app/EventDispatcher.cpp
   haiku/trunk/src/servers/app/EventDispatcher.h
Log:
* removed adding "be:transit" stuff in the EventDispatcher - this is now only
done
  client side (or will be, with the next commit).

Maybe you/we are rushing into things...
I agree, ATM doing mouse transit on client side is OK, but please have in mind, in the near future we want to have non-rectangular windows and views(for example rounded buttons) and I guess you don't want keep another region or a transparency map on client side because the frame rectangle would serve you nothing.

Maybe we should move this functionality to ServerWindow, but maybe there would be too much work for it then.
Haven't thought a complete solution yet, but I just wanted to point out this future problem. I really think view transit should be done server side, more exactly - the place where the visible regions are kept.

        Opinions?

bye, Adi.