[haiku-appserver] Re: [Haiku-commits] r14666

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 21:53:42 +0200

Hi,

Author: axeld
Date: 2005-11-03 18:03:36 +0100 (Thu, 03 Nov 2005)
New Revision: 14666
Log:
* Decorator now get a DesktopSettings object passed - dunno if that's a good
  idea (since we'll have to open the DesktopSettings header), but it works
  for now (and something like this is probably needed anyway).

I think Decorator should be a Layer derived one, as it has a surface that's displayed on-screen. It's true that WinBorder can be used to display a decorator, but I think it's cleaner to have a Layer derived one.
Opinions?

+ bool SetR5Decorator(int32 value);

Is this needed?

> + DesktopSettings settings(desktop); > + Decorator *decorator; > + > + try { > + if (fAllocator != NULL) > + decorator = fAllocator(settings, rect, look, feel, flags); > + else > + decorator = new DefaultDecorator(settings, rect, look, feel, flags); > + } catch (...) { > + return NULL; > + }

        I thought you/we agreed not to use exception anymore.

Bye, Adi.