[haiku-3rdparty-dev] BSoundPlayer returning "BBufferGroup: error when adding buffer"

  • From: Cian Duffy <myob87@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 15:04:00 +0100

Having some problems on a GCC4-only system (due to what the code is in,
VLC, I can't easily check on a GCC2/2H system) with BSoundPlayer.

Basically, no matter what the constructor, even just new BSoundPlayer() or
a full constructor with a buffer producer callback, etc, I get
"BBufferGroup: error when adding buffer" printed to stdout.

If an attempt is made to ->Start() the BSoundPlayer,
"SoundPlayNode::FillNextBuffer RequestBuffer Failed" is spammed to stdout
at an incredible rate. This occurs regardless of what is in for the buffer
producer callback, but I suspect its because there is no buffer for the
BSoundPlayer() to begin with...

Has anyone encountered similar to this before?

Regards

Cian