[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: Attaching a BScrollBar to a BListView

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 11:09:51 +0100

On 2009-11-29 at 10:22:54 [+0100], Fredrik Modèen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Hi!
> >
> > As the title suggests, I cant seem to be able to attach a scoll bar to
> > the list view. I have a list view defined called fEventList.
> >
> > I created a BScrollBar from an example I saw in the grok search:
> > *fScrollBar = new BScrollBar(Bounds(), "MyScrollBar", fEventList, 0,
> > 100,
> > B_VERTICAL);
> > *
> > I put in fEventList as the target view. However, when I run the
> > application,
> > I dont see any scroll bar. Any reasons why this might be happening?
> I guess you added the fScrollBar to the view or window and not fEventList?

You cannot add a ScrollBar to the view that the scrollbar is supposed to
scroll. Just think about it! :-)

In any case, for questions such as these, I would suggest to take any
random Haiku application or preflet that has a list view with scroll bars,
and just look at the code. The Sounds preflet seems like a good choice.

Best regards,
-Stephan