[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: A Table View of some sort

  • From: Brian Hill <perelandra777@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 23:07:48 -0500

On Nov 10, 2009, at 9:39 PM, Yashasvi A.C. wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I wanted to ask if it was possible to have some sort of interface object that
> would allow me to create a table view of some sort. Basically, I am trying to
> populate a table with the various messages that I have caught and also, their
> timestamp. At the moment, I have a BListView (as presented in the Image -
> EventLog). It consists of a single column with different messages printed out.
>
> I would like to have an interface similar to the attached image - Table.
> Basically, I want to have 2 columns - 1 containing the message information
> and the other containing the timestamp (any other columns in the future).

In R5 I used a class called ColumnListView that was a 3rd party class available
in a library called "Santa's Gift Bag".  I see it is on HaikuWare but I haven't
tried compiling this particular class yet to see if it works in Haiku.  There
was no BColumnListView in R5, so the Haiku BColumnListView may be a new class
in development.

What about creating two BListViews, side by side in a parent BView?  Each
BListView would be one column.

-Brian