[hahs_63-68] Re: STIFF GINS AND POLITICAL CORRECTNESS

I still reckon Lakemba needs to be loved. I won't roll over for political correctness on this one. Free Lakemba!

Charlie.

On 12/08/2012, at 12:15 PM, Tony Souter wrote:

Now Geoff, if you're going to get on your box, get on firmly with both feet; no pussyfooting around.

Sent from Tony's iPhone

On 12/08/2012, at 10:50 AM, "Geoff Goodfellow" <geoff.goodfellow@xxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

Without wanting to labor the issue too much, in our local newspaper this week was headlined;

"Well-known Indigenous singing duo 'The Stiff Gins' performed a 20- minute spot on stage before the the fundraising premiere of The Sapphires on Thursday."

Great name for an Indigenous singing duo I reckon, but if I had referred to an Aboriginal group as the Stiff Gins I'd be off to court with my testicles ripped out by some raggedy social evangelist, however somehow it is OK for an Aboriginal group to say it. That's the whole hypocrasy of political correctness, which just unnecessarily causes people to pussyfoot around things for fear of upsetting someone.

Geoff.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tony Souter" <tony.souter@xxxxxxxxx >