[hahs_63-68] Re: Mondo Carne

Hey Stu, nice yarn and since you mentioned Bali thought I'd share a Dudley
story set in that very town.  We saw a similar thing in the Russian town of
Novgorod, except it was with pigeons.  They are big on weddings in Russia -
huge car, lots of photographers and pigeons.  We'll doves actually.  The happy
couple go out into a park with a couple of white doves and release them as the
photographers click away.  The theory is they are releasing these caged doves
into freedom - some sort of reverse symbolism because they will soon be trapped
I guess.  The reality is the two doves do a lap of the park and fly straight
back to the pigeon loft of bloke who sold them, ready to be on-sold to the next
pair of suckers getting married in Novgorod.

Now the Bali yarn;

DUDLEY and Grace were on holidays in Bali when they bumped into his solicitor
mate Garry who had been flown up from Australia to defend a convicted drug
trafficker called Wright. Garry had been retained by the Australian government
to seek a last minute stay of execution for Wright who was due to be hanged
later that night. When the judge adjourned proceedings to deliberate, Garry and
Dudley had a few drinks together in a Denpasar bar while Grace went off and did
some shopping. He got back home to the hotel late that night and copped an
ear-bashing from Grace. She didn’t let up – nag, nag, nag.. So he grabbed a
beer and ran a bath while Grace continued to nag him with a verbal volley of
abuse. After about half an hour she had settled down and burst into the
bathroom with some good news. As Grace opened the bathroom door, she was
greeted by the sight of Dudley, bent over naked, drying his legs and feet.

“They're not hanging Wright tonight,” she barked.

“Bloody hell woman,” he screamed, “do you ever stop nagging?”

As for the one degree of separation I don't know the people mentioned, although
I do know Coolamon.  But I too have something back in the recesses of my foggy
mind about a Kangaroo cousin we share.

Geoff Goody