[hahs_63-68] Re: A SAD DAY

Hi Geoff,

I had a mobile phone for work, but never ever put it on my stationary or
business card.  Only a few close people who I wanted to contact fairly
regularly had the number, and I mainly used to call work while I was
commuting down from Gosford to issue instructions for the day - hands free
of course.  The other thing is that I did not want people to call me when I
wasn't work - I had already put in enough hours.

My wife has one but it is usually turned off.  We do find it useful when we
are overseas, doing different things.  We don't call but text each other to
stay in contact or suggest where to meet up.  Calling is too prohibitive-
the global roaming thing.

I always have found phones and particularly mobiles very interrupting as
people, when they ring, expect you to drop everything and talk to them. At
work, if I was in the middle of talking with someone, I never picked up the
phone, but let it go through to the answering service.  Why should the
caller have priority over the person you were already talking to?

Have fun with that strange device.

Regards,

Les