[hadoop-taiwan] [Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] Apache ZooKeeper 3.0.0]

  • From: Yi-Kai Tsai <yikai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hadoop-taiwan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 22:29:01 +0800

Yi-Kai Tsai (cuma) <yikai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Asia Regional Search Engineering.

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: Patrick Hunt <phunt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "announce@xxxxxxxxxx" <announce@xxxxxxxxxx>, "zookeeper-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <zookeeper-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "zookeeper-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <zookeeper-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "core-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <core-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:00:54 +0900
The Apache ZooKeeper team is proud to announce our first official Apache
release, version 3.0.0 of ZooKeeper.

ZooKeeper is a high-performance coordination service for distributed
applications. It exposes common services - such as naming, configuration
management, synchronization, and group services - in a simple interface
so you don't have to write them from scratch. You can use it
off-the-shelf to implement consensus, group management, leader election,
and presence protocols. And you can build on it for your own, specific

Version 3.0.0 is a major version upgrade from our previous 2.2.1 release
on SourceForge, it addresses over 100 issues. If you are upgrading be
sure to review the 3.0.0 release notes for migration instructions.

For ZooKeeper release details and downloads, visit:

ZooKeeper 3.0.0 Release Notes and Migration Instructions are at:

The ZooKeeper Team

--- End Message ---