[hackpgh-discuss] Re: soft circuits class

  • From: Matthew Beckler <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 09:29:53 -0400

I posted fliers with tear-away info pieces at the bottom around my building at CMU last week. I noticed today that some of the tabs are missing, so hopefully people are going to sign up soon.

-Matthew

On 04/08/2012 09:38 PM, j. eric townsend wrote:
Going to punt on this, Leah is going home Sat am.

On 4/8/12 21:23, Douglas Philips wrote:
On 2012 Apr 8, at 8:29 PM, j. eric townsend wrote:
Who's teaching this weekend and what technology are you using?
Lilypad, by any chance?

ex-member Liz is teaching.
As per the first class, it's just wire and LEDs and batteries. I
floated the idea of Lilypad, but she felt for beginners to electronics
and sewing, throwing in programming was too much (would also jack the
price of the course).

My pal Leah Buechley<http://www.media.mit.edu/people/leah> is going
to be giving a talk this Friday at CMU. Right now I'm working on:
-- getting Hack Pittsburgh non-students/staff/faculty cleared for her
talk. (She invented this thing called Lilypad, you might have heard
of it. :-)

Awesome!

-- convincing Leah to do some research/visit/hello_world to the Soft
Circuits class, if that's ok with the instructor.

You'll have to ask Liz.
I'll say at the moment I'm a bit worried as we've had no ticket sales
yet. :-(

-=Doug