[hackpgh-discuss] Re: soft circuits class

  • From: Douglas Philips <dgou@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2012 21:23:14 -0400
On 2012 Apr 8, at 8:29 PM, j. eric townsend wrote:
> Who's teaching this weekend and what technology are you using?  Lilypad, by
> any chance?

ex-member Liz is teaching.
As per the first class, it's just wire and LEDs and batteries. I floated the
idea of Lilypad, but she felt for beginners to electronics and sewing, throwing
in programming was too much (would also jack the price of the course).

> My pal Leah Buechley <http://www.media.mit.edu/people/leah> is going to be
> giving a talk this Friday at CMU.  Right now I'm working on:
> -- getting Hack Pittsburgh non-students/staff/faculty cleared for her talk.
> (She invented this thing called Lilypad, you might have heard of it. :-)

Awesome!

> -- convincing Leah to do some research/visit/hello_world to the Soft Circuits
> class, if that's ok with the instructor.

You'll have to ask Liz.
I'll say at the moment I'm a bit worried as we've had no ticket sales yet. :-(

-=Doug