[hackpgh-discuss] Re: opensource hardware meeting next week

  • From: Matt Stultz <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 18:01:56 -0400

There is!!!

PVA and PLA work awesome together. PVA is dissolvable in hot water (it
helps if you agitate it too). Tony Buser (tbuser on thingiverse) had some
amazing results back in January with getting it all to work.  Here is a vid
of his printed (all as one piece) working gear box. I have played with this
gear box and some of his other support material prints and the results are
impressive.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tbuser/6733182253/

It's still experimental but isn't all of this!

Thanks,
Matt