[hackpgh-discuss] Re: cardboard furniture -- Friday night project sometime?
- From: "j. eric townsend" <jet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:48:32 -0400
The goal isn't really to design a chair it's to get you thinking in new ways and seeing objects from new perspectives.
On 6/21/11 10:20, Ken Buttery wrote:
The architecture students back in uni made cardboard furniture all the time: rocking chairs, end tables, couches - all sorts of stuff. Us engineering students would always sit in them, or predict how many times you *could* sit in the flimsy ones. All in all, it works well if you pay attention to the structure :P Oh, and good thing we have a scroll saw now! -Ken On Jun 21, 2011 8:42 AM, "Ed Paradis" <legomaniac@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:legomaniac@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote: > I've got a huge stack of cardboard from Ikea trips and what not. > > On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 5:15 PM, gwen <gwenix@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:gwenix@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote: >> I discovered some nifty idea for DIY furniture: >> >> http://www.curbly.com/gilboonet/posts/3209-how-to-make-a-cardboard-furniture >> >> Cardboard furniture!!!! >> >> I know that Derrick and I get a lot of cardboard piled up due to our >> online shopping proclivity, and I'm sure many of you have the same >> issue. I'd love to get together with hackpgh folks some friday night, >> and hash out the ideas from this site to make our own furniture, and >> see how it works! >> >> Thoughts? >> >> As a note, I'm proposing this, and then I'll run off to Origins >> Wednesday-Sunday this week, so forgive me if I stop answering email >> during that time. And more sadly, I'm busy every Friday until the >> last one in August... but I thought I'd get this idea out there while >> I had it. :) >> >> -- >> Gwendolyn R. Schmidt >> >> >
-- J. Eric Townsend design: www.allartburns.org; hacking: www.flatline.net; HF: KG6ZVQ PGP: 0xD0D8C2E8 AC9B 0A23 C61A 1B4A 27C5 F799 A681 3C11 D0D8 C2E8
Other related posts:
- » [hackpgh-discuss] cardboard furniture -- Friday night project sometime? - gwen
- » [hackpgh-discuss] Re: cardboard furniture -- Friday night project sometime? - Ed Paradis
- » [hackpgh-discuss] Re: cardboard furniture -- Friday night project sometime? - Ken Buttery
- » [hackpgh-discuss] Re: cardboard furniture -- Friday night project sometime? - j. eric townsend