[hackpgh-discuss] Filming at Hack Pittsburgh this weekend

  • From: Dan Klinedinst <dan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 11:28:50 -0400

All,
As a follow up to Doug's email, here is a more detailed explanation of
the movie I'm filming (partly) at Hack Pittsburgh this weekend.  I'm
actually running a "live action hacker contest" (hackerwars.net) where
several teams will be competing in computer hacking, but also in
information gathering, surveillance, and physical infiltration.  The
talk / demo on Friday is part of that, as I'll be introducing open
source intelligence and explaining the techniques the teams are using.

That means the talk will be filmed, but I will not use anyone's image
or voice without their express permission.  I'll also make sure the
cameras are set up so that the audience can sit off camera, if they
choose.

Later Friday night and Saturday morning, we will be doing additional
filming at the shop while the teams work on laptops and build some
hardware.  Any of you are welcome to hang out and help them (or heckle
them!) but cameras will be recording most of that time.  You can still
come to the shop and work on your own stuff off camera, of course.  If
you're going to be doing anything particularly noisy (power tools,
explosions), it would be great if we could coordinate.

Thanks everyone!  I'm really glad I'll be able to feature Hack
Pittsburgh in the movie.  I'm hoping to screen it at some hacker cons
after it releases.

Dan