[hacklabs-fi] [Fwd: Re: [hackerspaces] RFID userX at Hackerspace]

  • From: Elmo <elmo.mantynen@xxxxxx>
  • To: hacklabs-fi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 14:54:02 +0200

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: Stefan Arentz <stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Hackerspaces General Discussion List <discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 07:43:41 -0500
On 2010-02-07, at 12:53 AM, Simon Dorfman wrote:

> Ben Eckel has been working on an RFID setup to notify other members of the
> group when someone is at Gumbo Labs.  It's not finished yet, but he wrote up
> a nice post on getting the Arduino Ethernet Shield part connected. RFID <-->
> Ethernet Shield Client <--> Rails
>
> Check it out:
> http://www.gumbolabs.org/2010/02/05/rfid-ethernet-shield-client-rails/

Nice. Here in Toronto we also use a simple system that our members created:

http://code.google.com/p/cerberus-prox/

It is a simple system based on a small PIC system and a HID reader that we got
cheap from eBay. All our members have a card or fob and we use this on our
outside door. (Combined with a keycode-lock)

You can find all the code and schematics there.

 S.

--- End Message ---