[gvtools] Re: AddLayer implemetation alternative

  • From: Victor Gonzalez <victor.gonzalez@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gvtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 10:03:25 +0100

I think it is important to keep the current behavior for the Add Layer
functionality: a panel with different tabs that can be extended by plugins.
However, we can use the geotools widgets on some tabs. For example, we can
use the JFileDataChooser [1] for files, or try to extract the Postgis panel
shown in [2].

Also, we might consider to build again the Add Layer extension (almost)
from scratch, just like the TOC, since it has bad design, bad class naming
and that kind of things. I think we are going to find this issue a lot of
times, so maybe it's necessary to set some guidelines as part of the
methodology to determine when to discard the previous code and when not.