[guispeak] Re: xm satellite boombox

  • From: Andy Baracco <wq6r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 20:37:46 -0700

I have the Delphi myFi handheld receiver. It is about the size of one of the older HT bricks. It has a built in rechargable battery, and comes with 3 antennas. One is called wearable, and designed to clip to your shirt or coat when walking. One is a mag mount, designed for the car. The third is designed to use at home when the unit is hooked up to a stereo sound system. It comes with all of the cables and patch cords that you need. It also comes with a remote that you can use with your home stereo. It also has a built in FM transmitter, so you can broadcast the output and listen on any FM radio. It will also record and store up to 5 hours of programming internally. The controls on the unit are not exactly intuitive and blind friendly, but the layout of the buttons on the remote is a lot easier to use. The manual is available on the XM web site in PDF format, and reads very easily with Adobe, or can be converted to text.
it costs about $250.
Andy
At 08:10 AM 10/24/2005, you wrote:

Hi,

Could someone tell me one of the models of the xm satellite boomboxes that's available. I want to get one for my birthday coming up and I have to put my suggestions in early. I would really appreciat any help with this.

Otis Blue otisblue@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:- ** [mailto:guispeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe] ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to: ** guispeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ** and in the Subject line type ** unsubscribe ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the ** immediately-following link:- ** [mailto:guispeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq] ** or send a message, to ** guispeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq