[guispeak] Re: the privacy tab in internet explorer 6

  • From: "Laura Eaves" <leaves1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:37:26 -0500

David -- I did go to the privacy tab and this is my experience:

First, the little descriptive blurb at the top of the privacy tab says something about blocking or unblocking the use of cookies by that site, not the blocking or allowing of connection to the site.

But I did go and put the site I've been having trouble with in the list and clicked the button that says "always allow" and then hit ok and tried connecting to the site, but again I got the message
"This page could not be displayed. The server may be having problems ..." etc etc

Now again, everyone else on the blindprogramming list can connect to it, and also my isp tech support can connect to it and they say it's not blocked, so the problem must be on my machine, but I can't figure it out.

Note that it is not essential that I connect to this page -- it is just a home page for a young kid in middle school who is on the list and wants people to look at his page -- but it does raise the question of why I can't see his page. It makes me wonder if there are other pages that I try to connect to that give me this error that actually are perfectly good pages that can be reached by others but some setting on my PC is blocking it for me.
I have looked everywhere and can't figure this one out. And I actually do get the "cannot display" message for a lot of pages around the net, especially on shopping sites.

So any ideas would be greatly appreciated! especially if they solve the problem!!!!:)
Thanks in advance and take care!
--le

----- Original Message ----- From: "david poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>