[guispeak] Re: the download managers

  • From: "Douglas Harrison" <harrisondf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 12:37:08 +0100

Bharat,
As I said earlier it is only a basic download manager.  In the settings
dialogue you can choose a very large number of simultaneous
downloads and up to 16 simultaneous threads, but the documentation
warns that around 3 - 5 threads is probably advisable and pushing the
number of downloads too high may even slow down performance.  I
find it quite adequate, but your needs may be different from mine.  I
think the safest thing would be to give it a try rather than rely on other
people's opinions.     It is very easy to install and easily configured via
the Settings item in the file menu.
If it would help, I could send you the Help files "off list".

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison