[guispeak] Re: textpal, page up and page down keys not speaking

  • From: John Schwery <jschwery@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 18:36:01 -0500

Jamal, ok, that is understandable. I just wanted to make sure that Text Pal and WE were working normally. thanks for your explanation.

earlier, Jamal Mazrui, wrote:

At this point, TextPal does not do anything with those keys, so the
speech is whatever the screen reader provides by default.

By the way, I know JAWS a lot better than Window-Eyes so have not done a
custom set file for TextPal.  If a Window-Eyes user of TextPal does one
worth sharing, however, I'd be glad to distribute it with TextPal.  The
program is intended to work well without custom speech configurations,
but there are occasional aspects that can only be optimized in that way.

Jamal
On
Sun, 19 Nov 2006, John Schwery wrote:

> Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 17:52:55 -0500
> From: John Schwery <jschwery@xxxxxxxxxx>
> To: GUISPEAK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [guispeak] textpal, page up and page down keys not speaking
>
> I am using Text Pal 2.2, Window Eyes 6 beta 2 and running XP home.  I
> notice that while in a file the page up and page down keys do not
> speak the next or previous screen.  the keys go to the appropriate
> screen but that screen is not read automatically. Is this a bug or a feature?
>

> John
>

> --

John