[guispeak] text to speech with word files

  • From: "Ron and/or Susan Denis" <rdenis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 10:01:40 -0500

I received a request for a lead to a "free" program that would read word files
aloud
in a fairly decent voice.  The request was for proof reading purposes, to see
how the
file sounded, and not for general screen reading purposes.  Can anyone suggest
such a
program?  I told the person of text aloud which, though not free, did seem to
fit the
bill.  Any other suggestions?
Ron Denis