[guispeak] Re: talkx and Sprint PCS

  • From: "Joel Zimba" <jzimba@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 22:58:54 -0500

These tiny features on phones is something like thinking a car is only good
for sitting in the front seat and listening to the radio.

After syncing my nokia 3650 with my outlook calendar and contacts, I have a
full schedule and phone book at my finger tips.  The thing is nearly as
handy as any of the specialized devices I could spend 10 times more $ on.

I don't even have one of the more powerful phones.. And now there are
wireless keyboards both braille and qwerty.

The addition of a bit of software may put devices like the pacmate or
braillenote out of production.

I understand there is a symbian phone available ... Soon anyway with
verizonwireless.  I don't know about any other vendor... In the meantime, I
cheerfully broke  my contract with vzn claiming they coulden't provide me
with a usable piece of machinery.

I picked mobile speak and it works fine other then a few strange behaviors
mostly attributable to it trying to be too helpful.

joel