[guispeak] Re: problems with Outlook Express

  • From: Ann Byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 14:35:32 -0500

I have seen that happen when Outlook is set to turn off immediately after sending mail, and Norton is set to check outgoing mail for viruses. Outlook shuts down, thinking all is well, while Norton holds the mail prisoner somewhere till it's checked. by that time, Outlook is down and can't send anything.

  At 01:07 PM 7/1/2006, you wrote:

Hello folks.

I'm wondering if anyone on this list has experienced what has been occurring of late with my Outlook Express. I'm running XP PRO on a 3.6 ghz machine.

Initially, I found many of my messages in reply never sent, unlocatable in any of my numerous folders. More troublesome, about one half of my outgoing messages, begun with control n, never see the light of day, again, unlocatable in any folder.

Any suggestions, other than dumping and reloading outlook Express?

Thanks.

Jerry