[guispeak] Re: pinning down my system halt:

  • From: david poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 03:14:29 -0500

Hi Joel,

It's 512mb ram. No, 512mb ram is quite adaquate for this system. I suppose I could've gotten a gig but At the time of purchase it seemed best not to due to cost of ram. Reinstalling the os is an option, but what is this thing that plays with dhcp? I will not be installing sp2 any time soon due to difficulties others have had and which microsoft are aware of with regard to networking at the very least. I already made that mistake on two systems.
On Nov 23, 2004, at 6:21 PM, Joel Zimba wrote:

Have you run at least two spyware checkers? There's also that zombieware
thing which I've heard about lately it plays with dhcp.

Beyond that, you can always re-install the os. That's generally suggested
for any windows problem isn't it?

Then go to sp2 and suck down all the updates beyond that just for good
measure.

Isn't 500mb abit small for a machine these days? I'm not sure I can brush
my teeth with 500mb.

joel