[guispeak] Re: ms excel 2000 question

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 06:10:31 -0000

Hi Marvin,

Go to Excel's Help, and search for "Toolbar" - without the
quotes.

One of the topics which comes up should refer to creating a
custom toolbar.  The following is from Excel 2003, but you
should find a similar topic in Excel 2000.

George.

Create a custom toolbar
Show All
Hide All
You can rearrange and modify toolbar buttons, menus, and
menu commands by using the mouse or you can use the
Rearrange Commands dialog box which is accessible using a
keyboard menu. These tasks are identified as (keyboard
accessible).
On the Tools menu, click Customize, and then click the
Toolbars tab.
Click New.
In the Toolbar name box, type the name you want, and then
click OK.
Click the Commands tab.
Do one of the following:
Add a button to the toolbar

Click a category in the Categories box.
Drag the command you want from the Commands box to the
displayed toolbar.
Add a button to the toolbar (keyboard accessible)

Click Rearrange Commands.
Click Toolbar, and then click the new toolbar in the Toolbar
list.
Click Add.
In the Categories list, click a category.
In the Commands list, click the command you want.
Add a built-in menu to the toolbar

In the Categories box, click Built-in Menus.
Drag the menu you want from the Commands box to the
displayed toolbar.
Add a built-in menu to the toolbar (keyboard accessible)

Click Rearrange Commands.
Click Toolbar, and then click the new toolbar in the Toolbar
list.
Click Add.
In the Categories list, click Built-in Menus .
In the Commands list, click the menu you want.
When you have added all the buttons and menus you want,
click Close.