[guispeak] Re: making 1 computer wireless

  • From: Otis Blue <otisblue@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 07:01:05 -0500

Hi,

Because she said that is ome of there rules in that apartment she live in. I think this way would be better any way because she rather have it wirelessly any way.

on Monday 5/22/2006 06:32 AM, gerald.g.weichbrodt@xxxxxx said:
Why can't she run a long telephone cord? Just curious only because I've had
a phone cord circling three long walls of a room to get to a DSL modem for
well over a year, and I really can't complain about the result.  Prior to
the DSL I used the same phone cord for dial-up, and that worked fine as
well.  Considering how much cabling is used just to get the phone
connection to the condo, I don't see why a long phone cord couldn't be used
as long as routing it from the phone jack to its destination isn't a
problem.

Regards,
Jerry

Otis Blue

<otisblue@sbcglob To: blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
al.net> cc: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: Subject: [guispeak] making 1 computer wireless
guispeak@freelist

s.org

05/20/2006 06:50

AM

Please respond to

guispeak

Hi everyone,

I have a question to ask but I'm sure it's not going to work but I'm
going to ask any way.  Ok I have a friend that's going to purchase a
computer with the works.  Where she want to put the computer  there's
no phone jack.  She said that the telephone company won't put one
there because of the rules of the people who own the condos.  So she
was told that she couldn't run a long telephone cord from the
telephone jack in another room to where she wants the computer.  So
she brought up connecting her computer up wirelessly.  I told her far
as I no you can't just hook one computer up wirelessly because it has
to be wired.  So my question to the list is can you hook just 1
computer up wirelessly?  Is it possible?  Please help me out with this.

Otis Blue
otisblue@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Computer Guy Direct
otisblue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.computerguydirect.com
Voice: 1-866-653-7284
Fax: 414-461-8856
Customer Service email: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We accept all major credit cards and Paypal for purchases made
through our web site and over the telephone.

                         If you can't find it from that other guy,
why don't you try The Computer Guy!