[guispeak] Re: how to read print with only a scanner and screen reader?

  • From: wd8oep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 00:14:32 -0500

Hi Andy, Well, we'll try this crap again, since I was trying to type to ya and
something happened and my email left the screen and some darn page came up. All
I know is, I have an ocr program on this computer already, it came with my
scanner.  I'm using the Cannon LIDE80 portable flatbed scanner.  It has the
Scansoft Ocr software in it already, so isn't that enough? I don't know any
more.  All I know is, I am using vip software installed on my computer and it's
just like kurzweil.  All I know is it's giving me nothing but fits.  The guy
that does their work tech support is charging me $35 an hour and who the heck
knows if it will work any more or not.  I'm sick of this crap.  I am sick of
all of it.  I don't have any way of reading my books, mail, etc.  I'm tired of
spending money like it's going tdown the drain. I'm not mad at you, but I'm
furious with all this software I have to buy.  Sighted folk can read and I
can't.  I could before I bought this used laptop and now, I go
 t crap, I got nothin to be able to read with and a reader only once a week.
I'm hacked off. But anyway, scansoft is included with the LIDE80 flatbed
scanner. Harry