[guispeak] Re: guispeak Digest V3 #3

  • From: "Dan Thompson" <dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 14:06:43 -0600

Hi there, I have found that sometimes if you have Norton as an anti-virus, one needs to uncheck "scann out going mail" and you can once again send messages. This happend on five of my friends computers in the last few years. I gues Norten thinks if you get in-coming email scanned anything goingout is clean.
I know it sound strange, but it did work.

Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:31:10 -0000
From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Anne,

I suggest you try a program called "Winsockfix", available
from:-

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Network-Tweak/WinSockFix.
shtml

I've used this program many times to fix corrupted Registry
entries which cause this problem.

George.

From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [guispeak] Fwd: [VICUG-L] 2 new groups now up and running.
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 17:50:20 -0500

-- Jonnie Apple Seed With his: Hands-On Technolog(eye)s

Begin forwarded message:

From: goshawk <goshawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: January 6, 2006 11:26:28 AM EST
To: VICUG-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [VICUG-L] 2 new groups now up and running.

hello list,
I would like to tell you all about 2 new VI groups.
the first, is the visually impaired home cinema group,
this group is for visually impaired people, who are in to, or even
thinking of getting
in to home cinema. examples of topics covered here can include, the
usability or
otherwise of any or all parts of a home cinema system by the visually
impaired, the
differences between home cinema systems and sound/picture/video
modes, and home cinema
related buy/sell/trade adds are also fine, but when placing these,
please state your
country. this group is mainly for the UK, but people from other
countries are welcome
as well.
to join, send a blank email to,
vi-homecinema-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the second, is the visually impaired motorised satellite group,
this group is for visually impaired people either with, or interested
in motorised
satellite systems, and what can be found on other satellites, not
sky. examples of
topics here can include, the usability or otherwise of different
systems, what can
be picked up with what size of dish, info on different channels and
satellites, info
on receiver software and its accessibility or otherwise, info on
receiver cards/cams,
buy/sell/trade adds for parts of or complete systems are also fine,
but when placing
these, please state your country. this list is mainly for people in
the UK and Europe,
which is where most of the motorised stuff that can be picked up in
the UK will probably
be from, but people from other countries are also welcome.
to join email to,
vi-motsat-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Simon

End of guispeak Digest V3 #3