[guispeak] fyi:Fw: Coming up on Main Menu!

  • From: "david poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GUISPEAK List" <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 10:52:41 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Williams" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <announce@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; <friends@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 10:45 AM
Subject: Coming up on Main Menu!

Coming up this week in a specially extended Main Menu:

This may turn out to be one of the most significant developments of the year
for blind computer users.  Apple have recently released OSX 10.4 which
includes Voice Over, a screen access tool for users of the Apple Mac.

We talk with Jerry Halatyn from new York who is an experienced professional
Mac user and beta tester of the software.  Jerry tells us about Voice Over,
how it works, and why for the first time in years, the blind community may
want to seriously consider Apple as a genuinely accessible alternative.

Following the interview, Jerry takes us on a whistle stop tour around OSX
10.4 and for the first time on ACB Radio, Voice Over.

Main Menu is first heard on Wednesday at 1UTC, that is Tuesday evening in
the US at 9PM Eastern 6 Pacific.  The show is available for the next week
from the ACB Radio Replay page and as part of the Wednesday podcast, before
making it's way into our on-demand archives.

Many thanks.
--
Dave Williams
Director, ACB Radio