[guispeak] Re: desktop search engines

  • From: Joel Zimba <jzimba@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 00:24:21 -0400

google works fine.  just like the regular html google interface.

I've used a few of the others, and while all of them would be usable, they aren't as painless as google. using jfw6.2

joel
At 09:09 PM 8/20/2005, you wrote:
I'm curious about all these new desktop search engines such as Google and
Yahoo have.

I have two concerns.  First:  How do they work with WindowEyes or JFW?  Not
just basic access but how comfortable they are to use with screen readers.

Second:  How secure are they, especially in terms of privacy and spyware?

Are any of the blindness related organizations reviewing and critiquing
these products?