[guispeak] can someone tell me how to do a system file check, (SFC)?

  • From: wd8oep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: vicug-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 00:01:37 -0500

Hi all,
I wonder out there if one of you could tell me how to do a system file check
(also known as an SFC)?
I'm using windows xp home, and I'm using a Dell inspiron 8100 laptop computer,
and the cpu is a 1 gig processor.
I have a missing or corrupt file I want to restore called shell.dll.
thanks for any help you can provide me step by step.
Harry