[guispeak] Re: a guispeak phone conference? why not!

  • From: David hilbert Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 03:53:50 -0400

only problem is mine needs to be worldwide so can't be in real time and with a
toll number, it will be prohibitive for some.

On May 15, 2011, at 2:27 AM, Harry Brown wrote:

Hi all,
Now of course, we all help each other on this list, but what if, guispeak would
have a free phone conference?  The subjects could be limitless!  Anything gui
related!  Training, problem solving, accessability issues, etc.!
see below!
Harry
Hi all,
I just checked out my old phone conference room, and it changed to a new
number, but I need to host a conference with some people in the federal
government to deal with government security.
So, I thought I'd give you a copy of this info, so if you need a free phone
conference room, you'll be able to set one up!
The information is below!
Harry

How to Host, or Join a Free Phone Conference

section 1.  For conference coordinators

If you want to host a conference:
step 1.  Call 218-936-1200
step 2.  If this is your first time hosting a conference, you must enter a
conference code.  This must be at least 6 digits.
step 3.  Then, press the pound key.
step 4.  You will be told what numbers you pressed, and if it’s correct, then,
press the 1 key, and you’re in the conference.
step 5.  You need to be there 5 minutes earlier than everyone else, to get the
conference room opened.
step 6.  You as the coordinator, and anyone else can do the following, while
you’re in the conference:
press *0 to exit the conference, and when you do, it will say, “if you’ve hit
the key to exit the conference, press 1, otherwise press 2 to return to the
conference.”
press *1 to enter a private conference with others in the conference, but not
the whole group.
*2 to get your caller code,
*4 to hear this help message again,
*6 to either mute or unmute your phone.
*NOTE--please get this next section to all conference attendees prior to the
conference, so they can have this information.  Section 2, begins on the next
page below.  You’ll see some blank lines below, then you’ll see the section.  I
did this, to start the next section at the top of a page.

section 2.  For people who want to come to the conference

If you want to attend the conference:
step 1.  Call 218-936-1200
step 2.  You must enter a conference code.  This must be at least 6 digits.
This is the code that the conference coordinator gave you prior to coming to
the conference.
step 3.  Then, press the pound key.
step 4.  You will be told what numbers you pressed, and if it’s correct, then,
press the 1 key, and you’re in the conference.
step 5.  You as a conference attendee, can do the following, while you’re in