[guispeak] Re: Windows XP

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 15:05:51 +0100

Hi Rick,

The following is something I wrote for Duxbury which may
help you resolve some of your issues.

George.

Vista - Running DBT
You may find when clicking on the DBT desktop icon that you
get a message along the lines of you not being an
administrator and therefore you cannot run the program.

Try right clicking on the DBT Icon and select "Run as
administrator".

You might also want to see "Turn User Account Control on or
off" at:

http://tinyurl.com/2ttvjq

The fill URL is:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/58b3b879
-924d-4e08-9358-c316055d3eae1033.mspx.

This page also explains how to get rid of those annoying
messages asking for permission to do various things.