[guispeak] Where can I Find Resources on Accessible Courseware Design?

  • From: gerald.g.weichbrodt@xxxxxx
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 13:45:27 -0400

Hi all,
I hope this is sufficiently close to GUI design topics.  It is Windowsy,
at least.

I am trying to do some consciousness-raising about the difficulties of
inaccessible web-based training as well as provide pointers to really
solid resources on the subject.  I would rather not be selfish and purely
push the blindness accessibility issue alone if I can help it.  I'd like
to see universal accessibility if possible.  Does anybody have any really
solid web "portals" to suggest that would be a great way for designers of
typically inaccessible courseware to become aware of the issues and the
theory and practice of accessible web design? I've just finished being
defeated by some blind-hostile courseware junk, and I'm in that frame of
mind that just says, "Aaaargh, where can I send these people to get a
clue!!!"

Thanks for any helpful hints,
Jerry