[guispeak] Textpal questions

  • From: "Donald L. Roberts" <donald_roberts_99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 15:59:15 -0800

As I do not have Jamal's address, I post these questions here.

I am wondering whether one can search and replace text across
multiple files in Textpal.

Specifically, I have a directory containing approximately fifty
.eml files from which I wish to remove the combination >  (that
is, greater than space) which occurs at the first of most of the
lines in each file.  If so, please tell me how, as I would love
to automate this rather tedious process.

Don Roberts