[guispeak] Re: Textpal query

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:14:34 -0000

Jamal,

I ran iniform.exe independently and Hal picked up the dialogue immediately
and there was no problem in entering the text.  I also tried Ctrl F in Textpal
with Hal not loaded but using speech from Narrator and could use the
dialogue normally.  So it is almost certain that the Hal focus is not going
into the new dialogue and unfortunately alt + tab will not take it there.

With your permission I will pass the information you have given on the list
to Dolphin Tech Support to see if they can come up with a solution -
perhaps a textpal map instead of the Default one being used at present.   I
feel that it would be a pity if Hal users are not able to make full use of what
in my opinion is anexcellent piece of software.

Before doing that I will raise the matter on the Dolphinusers mailing list.
As you may know there is a product called Supernova which is a
combination of Hal and a magnification component.  Users who, unlike
myself, have some sight may be able to see what is happening when the
dialogue is being opened.

Sincere thanks for taking so much trouble to resolve this issue,

Douglas
   .

--

Douglas Harrison