[guispeak] Re: Textpal query

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 15:37:21 -0000

Yes, Jamel - Control and F causes a similar problem.  I thought that it
might be happening where a command opens a dialogue, but Ctrl and O
and Ctrl shift and S are OK.

The problem key combinations work alright in other applications so it
cannot be that they are conflicting with Hal key strokes.

i am beginning to suspect that the dialogues for Settings, Forward Find etc.
are opening but not being read by Hal.  In that case I could probably get
Dolphin to create an appropriate map (Hal equivalent of Jaws scripts) but
before going down that road I will try to get sighted help to find out what is
actually happening on the screen.

As it seems that there may be few if any other Hal users on this list, you
might feel it more appropriate to send any further comments direct to
harrison1d@xxxxxxxxx

Many thanks,

Douglas

--